Tuesday, December 28

Post-Christmas Thoughts: Plans for a New Year

After an extended and refreshing weekend, I think that we're ready to address the new year, and what it's going to bring. There has been little in the way of communication from The Metal Observer as of late, but their re-organizational process is still underway, and perhaps there will be something on the horizon as of the new year.

There have been several offers/requests for coordination with other sites, other people, and other projects. At this point, it's too early to say what will happen. Regardless, I believe that Black Wind will continue to receive fairly frequent updates for the foreseeable future. Especially considering that several bands have requested reviews that should be posted fairly soon (watch for reviews for Canadian band Heroik and French prog group (Sworn)).

Like everyone else, we will be providing a personalized "Best-of" list for 2010. This will likely tend towards melodic power metal, of course, as it's primarily what I'm qualified to comment on. This is of course, my personal list and should by no means be expected to be the be-all and end-all.

I also would like to try, if at all possible, to stay pretty well caught up on the new releases during 2011. This means that I'd like to acquire, listen to, and review most of the melodic metal releases for the year as they come along and provide a consistent, up-to-date commentary and critique. Perhaps this will work, perhaps not, but I'm going to try it for a while.

Last on the agenda today is a list of free metal samplers that have been brought to my attention by a local friend of mine, and I thought I ought to share them with our readers. There's a lot of mixed metal, but here are the links to the free playlists on Amazon:

Nuclear Blast's "Sinister Spring Slaughter" sampler. (Not that sinister, bunch of mixed artists)

A new sampler from Metal Blade. (Summer 2010, I think, but what the heck?)






That's all for now. Cheers!

No comments: